MACH supports projects across its partnership including translational research funded through the Federal Government Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) Rapid Applied Research Translation (RART) grant scheme, and funding from the Victorian State Government.
These projects include translational pilot and proof-of-concept research projects, as well as work that supports the priorities of the Australian Health Research Alliance national collaboration.
Explore our projects below.
General search and filters
Results filtered by:
- The models of virtual care project is funded by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services to develop projects that contribute to the redesign and improvement of Victoria’s healthcare system, driving recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic through research-led innovation that aims to identify and assess the suitability of virtual care initiatives.
Read more of the post VCHRI Models of Virtual Care for Older Adults
- The VCHRI Value in Care project is a state-wide collaborative program of work shared between MACH, Monash Partners and Western Alliance that supports hospitals to optimise colonoscopy best practice and promote timely detection and treatment of bowel cancer.
Read more of the post VCHRI Value in Care – optimising surveillance COLonoscopy (VIC-COL)
- V-CTEC will see the establishment of a not-for-profit, Victoria wide, member-based education centre, with a dedicated Learning Management System (LMS) hosting a suite of evidence- based, interactive clinical trials education opportunities suitable for a range of learning needs.
Read more of the post Victorian Clinical Trials Education Centre (V-CTEC)
- A collaboration with the Australian Disease Management Association (ADMA), Bolton Clarke Research Institute, Melbourne Academic Centre for Health (MACH), Melbourne School of Population & Global Health (MSPGH), Monash Partners, and the Western Alliance has developed an extensive network of stakeholders researching or developing programs of support for social isolation.
Read more of the post Social Isolation and Social Prescribing Community of Practice
- IIT resources on the VCCC website provide the Victorian clinical trials sector with a one-stop-shop to understanding and implementing an investigator-initiated trial.
Read more of the post Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trial Toolkit
- The University of Melbourne Department of General Practice undertook a national review of practice-based research networks (PBRN) to determine the research capacity of PBRNs which exist in Australia in the primary care setting.
Read more of the post National review of Practice Based Research Networks (PBRN)
- The National Clinical Trials Governance Framework (Governance Framework) was developed by the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care and is based on the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHS Standards), in particular, Standard 1: Clinical Governance and Standard 2: Partnering with Consumers.
Read more of the post National Clinical Trials Governance Framework
- Biostatistical consultation is critical in the proposal design, especially if an adaptive or complex methodology is being considered. The MACH Clinical Trials Committee identified a need for the provision of FREE biostatistical clinics
Read more of the post Biostatistical Support Clinics