MACH regularly updates our community with the latest news from across our networks and partners, including funding announcements, industry news and new appointments, as well as the latest from our future leaders programs.
For news submissions contact [email protected]
General search and filters
FILTER BY CATEGORIES
- It is our pleasure to introduce the 2024 cohort of eight exceptional research-minded clinical health professionals from across the healthcare spectrum and embedded at MACH partner organisations. The MACH-Track program will support them to combine postgraduate research training and clinical work on their journey towards becoming innovators in their fields. Four years after establishing MACH-Track, ... Read more
Read more of the post "Meet eight innovators aiming to transform Victorian healthcare through translational research"
- This time last year, eight exceptional, research-minded health practitioners began their MACH-Track orientation and their first steps towards becoming future leaders of healthcare. In the lead up to the 2024 cohort announcement, three of the current MACH-Track Fellows share their first-hand experience at how this structured, mentored and fully funded pathway is developing their clinical ... Read more
Read more of the post "MACH-Track: Year one"
- The Australian Clinical Trials Education Centre (A-CTEC) is building the capacity and capability of Australia’s clinical trials workforce by providing interactive clinical trials education opportunities suitable for a range of learning needs, at no cost to the end user. In so doing, it has overcome key barriers to education and training, such as cost and ... Read more
Read more of the post "Clinical Trials Education Goes National"
- Led by the Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (VACCHO) in partnership with the Victorian Department of Health, marra ngarrgoo, marra goorri: The Victorian Aboriginal Health, Medical and Wellbeing Research Accord (‘marra ngarrgoo, marra goorri’ or the ‘Accord’) was successfully launched on Wednesday 11 October in a ceremony at Treetops, Melbourne Museum. VACCHO Executive Manager ... Read more
Read more of the post "Implementing marra ngarrgoo, marra goorri: The Victorian Aboriginal Health, Medical and Wellbeing Research Accord"
- The Melbourne Academic Centre for Health (MACH) welcomes Professor Keith Martin, Managing Director of the Centre for Eye Research Australia (CERA), to the Board as of 7 September. Professor Martin succeeds Professor Doug Hilton AO, who is stepping down after five years of service as he moves into a new role leading CSIRO. “Melbourne is ... Read more
Read more of the post "MACH Board welcomes Professor Keith Martin"
- Our panel, chaired by Associate Professor Stephanie Best, discussed the recommendations and resulting impacts of the Strengthening Medicare Taskforce to modernise and improve Medicare. Presentations are followed by a Q&A session. Speakers:
Read more of the post "MACH Systems Disruptors series: Strengthening Medicare – insights and impacts"
- MACH has made a response to the Federal Government's consultation on improving alignment and coordination between the Medical Research Future Fund and the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Medical Research Endowment Account.
Read more of the post "Consultation on improving alignment and coordination between the MRFF and the MREA"
- MACH proudly supports the Melbourne Emerging Leaders in Biomedical Research 2023 Symposium: Advancing Discovery. The Symposium will serve as a platform to bring together multidisciplinary postdoctoral researchers to share their latest research findings, fostering collaboration and innovation within the field.
Read more of the post "Melbourne Emerging Leaders in Biomedical Research Symposium 2023"